Daryl Ellen Gincherman, MS, LCPC, NCC
Daryl Ellen Gincherman has training and clinical experience working with individuals, families, and groups on a wide range of challenges. She has a particular interest in working with adults who struggle with anxiety, depression and/or other mood disorders. Daryl Ellen enjoys working with individuals and groups on self-empowerment, self-esteem building, and assertiveness training, as well as those who have experienced trauma, and she has received additional training in these areas. Trained in Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Daryl offers this modality to individual therapy clients, teaching methods for better emotional regulation.
Daryl Ellen deeply enjoys investing with people in their ability to grow and change. She is passionate about helping people find their voice, feel empowered, and assert themselves so they can strive to get what they want from their lives. She leads a weekly session of a women's divorce support group to facilitate emotional resilience and addressing the myriad transitions of divorce.
Daryl is a trained facilitator in the Prepare-Enrich program and works with couples preparing for marriage or considering if a relationship is working for both partners. Daryl works with straight and LGBTQ individuals. She assists individuals struggling with anxiety and depression, and those who have suffered traumas, losses or significant changes in their lives. Daryl frequently works with an individual partner who is also working with one of the couples therapists at Sequence thereby supporting the relational work by helping the individual address their own challenges and triggers and identify their needs.
When working with individuals who are recovering from past traumas Daryl may use a technique called EMDR, a method used to help individuals reprocess traumatic experiences in a way that allows for a deeper level of healing than traditional talk therapy alone may offer. Daryl often works with individuals using Internal Family Systems concepts (IFS), teaching individuals about the different aspects of themselves and ways to view coping strategies and that may be more effective to address current life circumstances.
Creating a safe space for people to explore their true motivations and potential is fundamental to Daryl Ellen’s practice philosophy. Doing so allows people the opportunity to tap into their inner strengths and find lasting solutions, resulting in desired change. Daryl Ellen draws on people's innate abilities to make a constructive change and work towards personal growth. By partnering with clients, Daryl Ellen helps them find ways to effectively advocate for themselves in order to get what they want out of life.
Daryl Ellen is currently licensed in the state of Maryland.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree, Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Masters Degree, Public Administration, University of Pennsylvania
- Master’s Degree, Clinical Counseling, Johns Hopkins University
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the state of Maryland
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Certificated in the Mandt System for Relationships, Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Gottman Method Level 1 Certification
- Prepare/Enrich Couples Assessment Facilitator for Premarital or Married Couples Support
- Chi Sigma Iota - Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International
- Member American Academy of Psychotherapists
- Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists: Approved LCPC Clinical Supervisor
Workshops, Presentations, and Groups
- Women's Supportive Therapy Group, time-limited group offered seasonally
- 4-6 Session Prepare/Enrich Assessment Package for Premarital or Married Couples
- Seasons Of Change: Women's Divorce Support Group ( online and on-site options)
- 2020 Group Facilitator for The National Institute of Health (NIH) Office of Intramural Training and Education
- New York Academy of Sciences- Mental Wellness and Health Webinar