Kat McGrady, ED.D, LCPC, NCC
Kat McGrady Ed.D, LCPC, NCC is a licensed professional counselor at Sequence. Using an integrative, solution-focused approach, Dr. Kat McGrady provides individual, family, couples therapy to children, teens and adults through remote teletherapy methods.
After many years working as a teacher, school counselor and child therapist she also offers remote parent coaching. Her style is warm, gracious and caring, as she quickly establishes a connection and listens deeply to what issues may be the source of difficulty. Her thoughtful assessments and use of multiple strategies offer support and direction to each individual or family she works with. Dr. McGrady believes in an authentic and collaborative approach. With compassion, an open mind and creative care, she creates positive therapeutic change for those she serves.
Well versed in the public education system and child development and strongly connected to the Montgomery County School system for elementary education, Dr. McGrady offers consultations around special education services, classroom accommodations and strengthening the home-school connection to best support student's success.
Dr. McGrady is a native of Maryland, and currently resides in Vermont but maintains her Maryland license to practice. She continues her direct service work in a Vermont clinic, and serves as an adjunct professor for online classes and adviser at the Johns Hopkins School of Education. Throughout the year she offers online workshops for the Sequence Institute, and in-person training events and workshops twice a year at the Silver Spring classroom.
Areas of Treatment Focus:
- Anxiety, Depression, Emotional regulation
- ADHD, Self Esteem, Communication & Assertiveness Skills
- Parenting, Relationship Concerns
- Divorce and/or Family Conflict
- School Related Issues
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education with a Minor in History, Salisbury University
- Master of Science, Counseling, Johns Hopkins University
- Post-Master's Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Johns Hopkins University
- Doctorate of Education, Johns Hopkins University
- Maryland Teacher Certification in ( PK-8)
- Maryland School Counseling Certification ( PK-12)
- Maryland Pupil Personnel Worker Certification
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) Certification
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Children and Teens
- Gottman Couples Therapy Level 1
- Member of the Association of School Counselors
- Member of Chi Sigma Iota International Counseling Honors Society
Cultural Proficiency, Annual Conference of the Maryland Counseling Association
Mindfulness Hour For Parents