Lex Levin, MA, CFRW
A highly skilled career coach and resume writer, Lex's areas of expertise include interview preparation, networking, career options analysis, Federal Government resumes, LinkedIn Profiles, and private sector resumes in a variety of fields. Lex's career has taken him down many paths, and his current role as a full-time professional resume writer since 2009 is a culmination of a career in the federal government and private sector. His career has spanned working as a Director of Communications for a U.S.-based pharmaceutical/medical company, a research analyst in the biotechnology field, and 11+ years working for the federal government as a Foreign Service Officer for the U.S. Department of State.
Lex loves to use his professional writing skills as a Certified Federal Resume Writer to help others succeed. At last count, he has worked with more than a thousand clients from every background and at every career level. He began this work at an agency specializing in Federal Government resume writing, where he received his certifications in federal resume writing, federal career training and as career coaching. An outstanding writer who truly enjoys helping others succeed, Lex is an engaged listener who conducts in-depth interviews to gather accurate information. He uses this same skill set to help individuals determine their course for a productive career path and present themselves, through networking and interviewing, in the best possible light to ensure success.
Personable and empathetic, Lex is eager to help and routinely receives glowing client reviews. He is available to talk after regular work hours or on weekends to help make the process as easy as possible. He is very comfortable crafting keyword-based documents of all types, such as resumes, cover letters, bios, narratives, and LinkedIn profiles. Lex is a resident of Howard County, MD.
Areas of Expertise:
- GS-05 through GS-15 and Senior Executive Service (SES) Resumes and ECQs
- Active Duty Service Members and Veterans transitioning to civilian / government jobs.
- Private Sector, including Biotechnology, Legal, HR, Medical, and Healthcare Industries Resumes
Education & Certifications:
- Magna cum Laude BA, Political Science and Russian Studies, Amherst College, Amherst MA
- S. Truman Scholar
- MA, International Affairs, St. Anthony's College, Oxford University, UK
- Certified Federal Resume Writer
- Certified Federal Career Trainer
- Volunteer Advisor, ACP AdvisorNet (a non-profit organization helping returning military find their next career)
- Volunteer Advisor, CareerConfidence.org (jobseekers’ group in the greater DC region)
- Volunteer Advisor, Military & Family Readiness Center, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C.