Marissa Keilson, MSW, LCSW-C
Individual, Couples and Group Therapy
Maryland Board Certified Clinical Supervisor
Location: Cedar House, Silver Spring, Teletherapy
240-200-5401 Ext 704
Marissa Keilson brings to Sequence an array of skills and expertise as a therapist. She works with individuals in high school, college, and adults of all ages. She also offers counseling to couples and leads groups.
Among her many talents is the ability to listen carefully and kindly, offering specific suggestions, ideas and support to help the individuals she serves improve in all areas of their lives. A natural teacher, she treats those she works with as partners in learning and growing, and makes sure they understand what tools they can use for self improvement and healing. Marissa has worked with individuals around issues of trauma, from sexual assault victims to veterans, and individuals who have suffered loss or life events that left them feeling they had nowhere to turn. Compassionate and affirming, Marissa values above all else the power of relationships and connection, and infuses her role as therapist with these principles.
Marissa uses a blend of cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic techniques in her work with her clients. Her expertise includes the neurobiology of trauma, anxiety and stress; understanding how the brain works and how to help it heal emotionally. She is trained in the use of cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of insomnia (CBT-I). With an undergraduate degree in art and an awareness of the myriad ways we connect to ourselves and our emotions through creative expression, Marissa brings the use of art therapy and other expressive modalities into her work consistently both for individuals and in the groups she facilitates.
Marissa is skilled in treating the areas listed below, and is certified by the state of Maryland to provide clinical supervision towards licensure for therapists in training.
- Mind-Body Connection
- Relationship Issues
- Sex/Sexual Issues
- Body Positivity
- Eating Disorders
- Maternal/Postpartum Issues
- Women's Health
- LGBTQ Support
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree, Fine Arts/Studio Arts, University of Maryland
- Masters of Social Work, University of Maryland
- Maryland Social Work Board Approved Supervisor
- Certification in Neuroscience: Applied Neuroscience for Brain Change in the Treatment of Trauma, Anxiety and Stress Disorders
- Certification in Trauma Recovery Empowerment Model
- Trauma Education Connection Initiative Program, University of Maryland
- Greater Washington Society of Clinical Social Work
Workshops, Presentations and Groups:
- The Neurobiology of Trauma
- Suicide and Awareness and Intervention
- Mental Health and Trauma
- Consent and Sexual Assault on a College Campus
- Ethics of Reporting in Child Abuse
- The Psychological Effects of Abuse on Children